Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why Blog?

Where do I begin?  That is the big question.  I have been sitting at my computer for a while now, trying to figure this out.  There are so many things that I can say and want to say.  I am just so excited to be writing again.  I guess I will start at the beginning.  I want to become a better writer and writing a blog can help me get there.
The more you write the better you get, and the more you let others read your work the more feedback you receive.  I have to learn to take criticism, and then take what I have learned from it, and make my writing better.  I wrote a book last year about the birth of my daughter.  My husband just started to read the book, and although the book is published, he had some things to say about it.  I wish he had read the book before I published it, but the things he commented on made sense.  After swallowing my pride, and realizing that he is right, I started to edit my book.  I hope to have another version or edition to upload sometime this year.
I love writing!  As I write more, I learn new things and better ways to say what I am thinking.
I was reading a blog that one of my friends wrote and I said to myself that I could do that.  I followed her format and used the same web site that she did and here we are. 
I have also started to read more.  By reading some of the world’s best authors, I can become better. I started with one of the best and one of my favorites, Tolkien.  It had been a long time since I read The Hobbit, but still a wonderful story.  I have been looking through my bookshelf pulling out books that I want to read.  I just hope I can find time for all of them.
Now the only thing left to do is to keep myself accountable.  I need to write and read daily.  I am not saying that I will post something everyday but I should work on it everyday.  If you start to follow this blog, please keep me accountable.  If you don’t see a post at least each week please yell at me.  I tend to have these great ideas, but sometimes I lack on the follow through.  Till next time when I will post something more interesting.  I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment